Skype for Windows desktop
- Chat every day with free instant messages.
- Share photos and see them inline, right in the chat.
- See your family come together over a free group video call.
- Switch between calling and messages--or do both at the same time.
- Make low-cost calls and text messages to mobiles and landlines.
All you need to get started is Windows XP with SP3, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1, a webcam for video calls and a microphone.
- PC running Windows® XP with SP3, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.Get more info
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate
- For voice calls we recommend a broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up
- For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down / 512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad
- connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.