- 1. Personal Information we collect
- 2. How we use information we collect
- 3. How long we keep and use information we collect
- 4. Disposing information
- 5. Information we share with 3rd party
- 6. Rights of Users & Legal Representatives and Exercising Those Rights
- 7. Information we assign
- 8. Cookies
- 9. Contacts
1. Personal Information we collect.
The Company collects your personal information for the purpose of user registration, commercial transactions, etc. as follows.
1) Information we collect
Information we collect When What First time log on after creating a user account ID Making payments for commercial transaction Name, E-mail, Mobile number, Landline number, Credit card information, Bank account information, Identity authentication number, ‘I-PIN’ number if you are a ‘I-PIN’ user Applying for sweepstakes Name, E-mail, Mobile number, Landline number, Address Email Support ID, name, E-mail, Phone number Proposal ID, Company, Name, Phone number, E-mail Optional informationIn addition, following information can be generated and collected in the process of using the service or handling the business.
- The kind of browser and operating system you are using, Search keyword, IP Address, cookie, etc.
- Date and time of visits, Service log, Service abuse record, Address, Payment record.
- Address, Payment record, Cookie
2) How your personal information is gathered- When you log on to the Service for the first time after creating a new account,
- When you make a payment for a commercial transaction,
- When you apply for promotional events like sweepstakes, etc.
- When you make requests for customer support
- When you make a business proposal
2. How we use information we collect.The Company uses your personal information for the following purposes.
1) Fulfillment of the Contract for the provision of the Service and Settlement of the Charges entailing the use of the ServiceProviding contents, purchasing and making payments, shipping or mailing bills, authenticating for financial transactions and financial services
2) Customer managementUser identification and authentication, prevention of illegal or unauthorized use by rogue users, confirmation of intention to join the Service, handling of complaints, etc. entailing the use of membership based service
3) Marketing and advertisingDevelopment and customization of new services (products), delivering advertising information such as promotional event, etc., provision of specialized Services and advertisement based on demographic characteristics, tracking the access frequency and statistics on the use of the Service.
3. How long we keep and use information we collect.The Company will retain your information for as long as you continue to use the Service so we can provide the Service to you. If you make a request to terminate the relationship with the Company or have your information removed, it will be made untraceable and unusable. The Company may, however, retain your username (ID), name, resident registration number, email address for the periods specified hereunder from the date of your termination request for the purpose of preventing rogue users from abusing the Service.
1) Records of contract or subscription withdrawal- Legal ground : Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc
- Retention period : 5 years
2) Records of payments and supply of goods- Legal ground : Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc
- Retention period : 5 years
3) Records of treatments of consumer complaints or disputes- Legal ground : Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
- Retention period : 3 years
Records on identification- Legal ground : Legal ground: Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc
- Retention period : 6 months
5) Site visit log- Legal ground : Legal ground: Protection of Communications Secrets Act
- Retention period : 3 months
4. Disposing information.As a principle, the Company disposes your private information without delay once the purposes of collecting and using the information are achieved. The procedure and method of disposal are as follows.
1) Disposal procedure - Information you provided for user registration, etc. is disposed after certain retention period in accordance with the Company’s policy and relevant laws once its purpose has been fulfilled.- Your private information that is retained will not be used for any purpose other than legal requirements.
2) Disposal methods - Your private information printed on paper will be disposed by means of shredding or incineration.- Electronically stored information will be deleted by technical means.
5. Information we share with 3rd party.As a principle, the Company does not disclose customers’ personal information to any third party unless;
- it is required by law or there is a request from a law enforcement authority following the procedure and methods specified by the law.
6. Rights of Users & Legal Representatives and Exercising Those Rights.You can view or edit your personal information at any time.
You can withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your personal information via the 'cancellation of membership' at any time.
Where the user is a child under the age of 14, the child’s legal representative has the right to view and update the child’s personal information, and to revoke consent to the collection and use of the child’s personal information.
When you demand a correction of error in your personal information, we will not use or provide such personal information until such correction is made. Also, if erroneous information has been provided to a third party, we will notify the correction of the information to the receiving third party and have the information corrected immediately.
7. Information we assign.The Company entrusts the collected personal information as below to ensure the best service quality and set forth requirements in accordance with relevant laws when we enter into the entrustment agreement in order to ensure the personal information is managed safely.
The fiduciaries and the nature of entrustment are as follows;
수집한 개인정보의 위탁FiduciariesEntrusted workPeriod of possession and use of personal
NGUS CO. LTD.Development and operation of the system for the provision of the servicesUntil the user terminates his/her membership or the expiration of the entrustment agreementKorea.com Communications Co. Ltd.System operationNHN KCP Corp.Processing payment (credit card, mobile, virtual bank account, bank transfer)PayGate CO. LTD.Paymentwall, Inc.Daesung Global Network CO. LTD.Customer support Korea Credit BureauIdentity verificationInformation is not saved separately as it is already in possession of the trustee
- Example of set up (on Internet Explorer): From the menu bar, select Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
9. Contacts.The company assigns a Privacy Manager whose primary task is to protect your privacy and handle any complaints about private data as follows;
- Name of the Privacy manager: Hwang Jeongho
- Telephone : 1566-8130
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can report any complaints regarding the protection of your privacy which may arise while using the service to the Privacy Manager or a relevant team. The Company shall answer to your complaints and requests as quickly, and as sufficiently as possible.
If you need to report or seek advice on the infringement of private date, you can also contact the following institutions and organizations.
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
- Online Privacy Agency (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533~4)
- Supreme Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
- Police Cyber Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)